CIO Cyber & Risk Network
The CIO Cyber and Risk Network was created to provide CIOs in Australian organisations with a forum in which to share their issues and approaches to cyber security and risk.
The intended outcome is that participating executives have peer support to make better informed decisions: to help protect their organisations, staff, customers and the economy.
The CIO Cyber and Risk Network is vendor independent.
At a time when cyber incidents are becoming increasingly frequent, organisations are tasked with keeping the executive and board informed on their cyber posture. As a CIO, the pressure is on to balance the responsibility of managing cyber security with the other obligations, while also dealing with an increase in board reporting requirements. But what if there was a solution to help CIOs meet these demands?
At IBRS, we understand the challenges faced by CIOs and have listened to their concerns. Our clients have reported a rising need to provide more in-depth and frequent reports to their boards on cyber security. To address this, we created the CIO Cyber & Risk Network, a forum where CIOs can come together, share ideas, and learn from each other in a comfortable and supportive environment.
Our mission is to enable decision support for CIOs, and the CIO Cyber & Risk Network is the tool we’ve created to achieve this. By bringing together a community of peers, we aim to provide the resources and support needed to stay ahead of the ever-evolving cyber threat landscape. And, unlike other networks, our forum is vendor independent, ensuring that the solutions and insights shared are based on real-world experience, not vendor bias.
- Through interaction with your peers, gain an understanding of effective security practices.
- Save time and effort by sharing policies, frameworks and security literature.
- Discuss vendors and services from people who are using them or have moved on from them.
- Discuss different approaches to security.
- Raise ideas, challenges and solutions to the network of CIO’s to provide their independent thoughts and advice.
Who Can Participate?
The CIO Cyber and Risk Network is a service for CIOs who are accountable for cyber security as part of their role. To ensure that trusted relationships can develop, and provide an experience of continuity within the group, CIOs invited to participate will not exceed 20. The CIO Cyber and Risk Network is an invitation only forum. This is to ensure that the forum is not swayed by vested interests, and that the participating CIOs are assured of the confidentiality of the discussion.
- 2 x Face to face meetings a year
- Formally facilitated roundtable
- Informal networking
- 9 x Monthly video conference sessions
- Member driven agenda
- IBRS facilitates each gathering
- IBRS coordinates any external guests
- All gatherings are closed door, and held under the Chatham House Rule
- A summary of findings is distributed after each gathering
- Dedicated Signal group for alerts and sharing of ideas
- Participate in a distribution list of like minded CIOs
- 11 October 2023
- 15 November 2023
- 13 December 2023